South Carolina Music Educators Association
FRIEND OF MUSIC EDUCATION BUSINESS AWARD
Online Application Deadline: November 10, 2023
The purpose of this award is to thank, honor and recognize a member of the Business Community who has shown exemplary support for local or state-wide music education program(s).
1. The nomination must be must be made by an SCMEA member.
2. The nomination must include at least three letters of recommendation. These letters must be
collected by the primary nominator and forwarded with the official nomination form.
The following sources should be represented:
- A school administrator from the nominee’s community
- Another person knowledgeable of the nominee’s contributions.
- A student or parent (current or former) who benefited from the nominee’s contributions.
Three Letters of recommendation should briefly but specifically address the following:
- The specific ways in which the nominee has demonstrated support for music education.
- The specific ways in which the local music program has grown and improved as a result of the efforts of the nominee.
The recipient of this award will be chosen by a committee appointed by the President with the Immediate Past-President as chair. The recipient will be notified no later than January 15th. The award will be presented at the annual SCMEA Professional Development Conference at a time selected by the President and the Conference Committee. The award will consist of a plaque. The SCMEA Public Relations Chair will publicize the award.