You are cordially invited to purchase exhibit space at the South Carolina Music Educators Association’s 2023 Professional Development Conference to be held February 2-4, 2023, at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center in Columbia, South Carolina. This year is a particularly exciting one as SCMEA celebrates its 75th birthday! As has been our practice over the last few years, booths will come with a free carpet and wireless internet connection. SCMEA covets the support of its Music Industry friends and wants to do all it can to make the event a successful experience for them.
|Booth Type||Price Before/On Dec. 1||Price After Dec. 1|
Registration is available online by clicking here. Space will be allotted on a first-come, first-served basis. Exhibitor registration may be paid via check or credit card.
Exhibitors, click here to register for the conference.
Conference Sponsorship Opportunities
We have several wonderful sponsorship opportunities this year to help celebrate SCMEA’s 75th Anniversary, which we believe would be an outstanding opportunity to showcase our exhibitors. Click here to learn more and become a sponsor today!
To commemorate our 75th birthday, we’re starting earlier this year to make room for all the exciting sessions being planned. President Joe Gulledge engaged Voctave, a professional a cappella group, to kick off the conference at 2:00 pm on Thursday, Feb. 2, followed by a celebration with a birthday cake! We plan to open exhibits on Thursday afternoon at 4:00 pm, an hour earlier than in recent years. Because of the earlier opening, we will plan to have the exhibit hall open for an earlier load-in at 11:00 am. Finally, after gathering feedback from our exhibitors last year, we have adjusted the schedule to allow each division to have a dedicated hour in the exhibits on Friday afternoon between 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm!
Thursday, February 2, 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Friday, February 3, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday, February 4, 9:00 am – 12:15 pm
Load In/Load Out
- The exhibit hall will open for load-in at 9:00 AM on Thursday, February 2, 2023.
- The breakdown will begin at 12:15 pm on Saturday, February 4, 2023.
Each 10×10 booth is furnished with one 8’x2’ table and two chairs. A sign identifying your company name and booth number will also be furnished. Wi-Fi and carpeting are included in the price of your booth.
PRX Exposition Services
196A Shop Grove Dr.
Columbia, SC 29209
SCMEA shares registered exhibitor information with PRX. PRX will send information regarding purchasing additional furnishings for your booth and instructions for shipping.
Convention Center Services
Exhibitors needed electricity, extension cords, water, etc., at their booths; please contact the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center directly.
- School & University Exhibitors receive two (2) badges for each booth purchased.
- Industry Exhibitors receive two (2) badges for each booth reservation.
- Additional Exhibitor badges will be available to industry exhibitors at the rate of $15.00 per badge.
- Additional badges will not be issued for music teachers or college students (who should be registering for the conference).
- Exhibitor badges are non-transferable.
- SCMEA will contact registered exhibitors in January 2023 for the names of your allotted and needed badge credentials.
EXPOPass for Exhibitors
- SCMEA has partnered with ExpoPass, a cloud-based event management solution handling our conference registration, badge printing, check-in, event web app, and Lead Retrieval.
- Exhibitors will receive preliminary information directly from Expo Pass in January 2023, with directions on how to claim and set up their exhibitor profile in Expo Pass. Lead Retrieval is available for an extra charge directly from ExpoPass.
- A sign bearing the company name and booth number will be hung in each booth. These signs are purchased by SCMEA, and the cost is included in exhibitors’ fees.
- Exhibitors are asked to respect those conference attendees who are conducting business in the exhibit hall by limiting the playing of instruments and recordings.
- All performances held in the Exhibit Hall during the SCMEA Professional Development Conference will take place only in designated areas and must be approved in advance by the Exhibits Chair.
- Students must have an ID badge and be part of a chaperoned group when visiting exhibits.
- No food or beverage may be brought into the exhibit hall from outside sources without the permission of the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center. (CMCC)
- No cooking or distribution of food items is allowed in the exhibit hall without permission from the CMCC.
- SCMEA and the CMCC are not liable for materials displayed at the conference. SCMEA hires security guards for the conference and the exhibit hall.
- SCMEA provides exhibitors with a light Continental Breakfast before exhibits open each morning.
- Exhibitors must load and unload exhibit materials at the CMCC Exhibit Hall’s loading dock.
- SCMEA sponsors a prize drawing in the exhibit hall for the conference attendees on Saturday morning. Five cash prizes of $10.00 each and one cash grand prize of $50.00 will be awarded. Exhibitors may donate prizes for the drawing.