South Carolina Music Educators Association
HALL OF FAME AWARD
Online Application Deadline: December 1st
To recognize a member for exceptional service to SCMEA and the advancement of music education in the schools of South Carolina.
1. Must be, or have been, an active member of SCMEA throughout his/her career.
2. Must be, or have been, employed by a school or college in South Carolina for a minimum of fifteen (15) years.
3. Must have demonstrated effectiveness in teaching young people through music, and the ability to inspire positive attitudes among students, the school, the community and the members of SCMEA.
4. Must have demonstrated excellence in the teaching of music.
5. Must have developed, maintained or supported an effective balanced program in music education.
6. Must have demonstrated interest in and application of educational innovations.
7. Must have recognized the necessity for continued professional organizations.
8. Must have demonstrated a concern for music education by active involvement in local, district, state, regional or professional organizations.
9. Must have demonstrated the highest ideals and professional integrity during time of service.
Method of Nomination:
Any active member of SCMEA may nominate another member deemed worthy of this recognition for significant contributions to SCMEA and music education in South Carolina. The following should be submitted by the nominating member:
1. The completed nomination form.
2. A letter of recommendation from the nominating member outlining the nominee’s qualifications in relation to the criteria stated in this document.
3. Two additional letters of recommendation, including one from a President or Past-President of
SCMEA (A President or Past-President may endorse only one nominee each year.)
THE NOMINEE SHOULD NOT BE NOTIFIED OF THE NOMINATION. RECIPIENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED FOLLOWING THE SELECTION PROCESS NO LATER THAN JANUARY 15th. ENDORSEMENTS OF THE NOMINEE MUST BE KEPT STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL.
Method of selection:
1. The SCMEA Hall of Fame Selection Committee consists of the Immediate Past-President and other such Past-Presidents as may be appointed by the President.
2. The award consists of a plaque and a pin.
The award will be presented at the annual SCMEA Professional Development Conference at a time selected by the President and the Conference Committee. The SCMEA Public Relations Chair will publicize the award.