SCMEA STANDING RULES, 2015-16
CONCERNING EXHIBITS AT THE PROFSSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CONFERENCE
- Exhibitors who withdraw from participation in the conference shall be eligible for a refund based on the following guidelines:
Withdrawal Three (3) months before the conference: FULL REFUND.
Withdrawal Two (2) Months before the conference: ONE HALF of the paid registration fee.
Withdrawal One (1) month before the conference: ONE FOURTH of the paid registration fee.
- College Exhibitors who are SCMEA members pay the usual conference registration fees.
- NAfME affiliated organizations shall be given exhibit space at no cost, and other associate organizations will be given exhibit space at half the exhibit fee.
- Colleges and Universities pay the same exhibitor fee as commercial exhibitors.
- Exhibitors must be prepared to open their exhibits by the scheduled opening of exhibits.
- Set-up time for exhibitors will be determined by the exhibit chair and published in the exhibit fact sheet provided to exhibitors.
- Exhibitors are scheduled as they register on a “first-come, first-served” basis.
- Businesses who choose not to have a booth in the exhibit hall, but choose to solicit business in a less formal manner must pay the exhibitor registration fee.
- A sign bearing company name and booth number will be hung in each booth. These signs are purchased by SCMEA, and the cost is included in exhibitors’ fees.
- SCMEA purchases a group event license for the conference each year if required.
- SCMEA provides substitute pay for the exhibit chair during the conference if needed.
- Exhibitors are asked to respect those conference attendees who are conducting business in the exhibit hall by limiting the playing of instruments and recordings.
- At-large presenters must register for the conference and are prohibited from selling merchandise at their sessions. These sessions are for the purpose of providing expertise and information to participants.
- All performances held in the Exhibit Hall during the SCMEA Professional Development Conference will take place only in designated areas and must be approved in advance by the Exhibits Chair.
- Students must have an ID badge and be part of a chaperoned group when visiting exhibits.
- No food or beverage may be brought into the exhibit hall from outside sources without the permission of the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center. (CMCC)
- No cooking or distribution of food items are allowed in the exhibit hall without permission at the CMCC.
- SCMEA and the CMCC are not liable for materials displayed at the conference. SCMEA hires security guards for the conference and the exhibit hall.
- SCMEA provides exhibitors with a light Continental Breakfast before exhibits open each morning.
- Exhibitors must load and unload exhibit materials at the loading dock of the CMCC Exhibit Halls.
- A Limited number of convention center parking passes will be issued during registration to exhibitors.
- Exhibitor badges are non-transferable.
- Exhibitors cannot share booth space with another exhibitor.
- The cost per booth is $350.00.
- Exhibitors will be limited to two badges per paid space.
- Additional Exhibitor badges will be available to non-SCMEA members at the rate of $15.00 per badge.
- SCMEA sponsors a prize drawing in the exhibit hall for the conference attendees on Saturday morning. Five cash prizes of $10.00 each and one cash grand prize of $50.00 will be awarded. Exhibitors may donate prizes for the drawing.