We are only a few short weeks now until the 2022 SCMEA Professional Development Conference! We are working hard to get everything ready and are looking forward to the return of our “In-Person” conference! I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the current protocols and safety measures that will be in place when you arrive at the conference in February.
Below are a few COVID Health & Safety items for the SCMEA conference.
- In accordance with the City of Columbia mask mandate, the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center & USC Alumni Center require a face covering or mask by all persons except under the age of 5, unless doing so will aggravate an existing health condition. Face coverings may be taken off when stopped to eat or drink.
- Social distancing is encouraged throughout the venues. The SCMEA will be working with the CCMC to expand the exhibit area to allow maximum social distancing.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least twenty seconds and take advantage of our hand sanitizer stations. Avoid touching your mouth, nose, and face.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when sneezing or coughing and then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
More specifics from the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center
CMCC received the GBAC Star Facility Accreditation, the gold standard for safe facilities, and the cleaning industry’s only outbreak preparation, response, and recovery accreditation. Learn more about it here. Other ways we’re trying to get back to business while keeping you safe:
- The facility is outfitted with MERV-13 air filters which improve indoor air quality.
- We sanitize and wipe down high-touch areas every 30-45min.
- Daily cleaning and sanitization of all restrooms.
- The facility remains locked except for event access to limit numbers in the facility.
- We disinfect rooms used for meeting space before an event begins + every evening for events lasting multiple days.
- We use products approved by the CDC that meets all EPA guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting for COVID-19 and many other viruses.
- All CMCC staff are fully vaccinated or must provide a weekly negative COVID-19 test and all staff members are required to wear face coverings.
- Foodservice staff will be masked and will serve food vs allowing self-service.
- Most food items will be pre-packaged/wrapped.
- Tables will be spread to allow for better social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available throughout the facility.
The SCMEA is closely following development related to COVID-19 and will continue to assess the latest information and recommendations from federal, state, and local authorities to host a safe and successful conference for all involved.
EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE: SATURDAY, JANUARY 15TH – $100.00
REGISTRATION AFTER JANUARY 15TH – $160.00
We are looking forward to seeing you all soon!